Text Message Service
We now have the facility to send certain information to you via text message to your mobile phone. The messages are sent via NHSmail, the national secure collaboration service for health and social care in England and Scotland.
The information we will send is as follows :
- Appointment booking confirmation and reminders
- Appointment cancellation notices
- Invitations to attend for review appointments relevant to your health eg : to come in for a blood pressure check or a flu vaccination
- Notification of when test results have been received and what, if any, action is required
If you have provided us with a mobile phone number you will automatically be entitled to this service.
We have strict guidelines we follow in relation to contact via text message. The Practice agrees to adhere to the following:-
- The mobile phone number will only be used by the GP Practice and will not be passed to any other parties. All messages are sent via secure NHSmail.
- If, at any time, you would like to opt out of the text message service, please let our reception team know. You will be asked to sign a form confirming your wish to opt out, you will then be opted out of the service within 48 hours.
- Your mobile phone number will solely be used in relation to healthcare services offered by the GP Practice.
- No personal details will be included in the message to identify you.
- No personal medical information will be included in the message.
- Whilst the GP Practice will regularly check your telephone numbers with you, please be aware that the onus of keeping your contact details current with the practice rests with you